After a long, cold winter, it’s finally time to get outside! Enjoy the best spring has to offer with this list of 40 Free or Cheap Activities for Spring!
40 Free or Cheap Activities for Spring
Happy spring, everyone!
It’s been a long, cold, hard winter where I live in Canada, and through a lot of the US too. Most of us are sick of being cold, tired of shovelling snow, and desperately need some sunshine. We’ve had a bit of a tease over the past week or two, so we can have some hope that true spring weather is just around the corner!
If you’ve followed my blog you’ll know I’m a big fan of LISTS. Last year, I put together 2 blog posts: 40 Free or Cheap Activities to Enjoy This Fall and 40 Free or Cheap Christmas Activities, and they were some of my most popular posts of the year! So today I’ve got a shiny new list for you: 40 Free or Cheap Activities for Spring.
Enough said. Enjoy! <3
40 Free or Cheap Activities for Spring
1) Plant flower seeds or start your vegetable/herb garden
2) Participate in a community tree planting blitz
3) Pump up the tires on your bike and hit the road for a ride
4) Go for a drive to see the early blooms (lilacs, magnolias, daffodils, etc.)
5) Get some fresh air – finally! – by going for a long hike with friends or family, or solo if you’re due for some quiet meditation
6) Help out with a community garbage clean-up (because apparently in 2018 there are idiots who still litter…)
7) Fly a kite
8) Have a yard sale! It’s an awesome way to clear the clutter from your house white making a few extra bucks. Be sure to post it on facebook yard sale groups, kijiji, craigslist, etc. Ask your next door neighbours if they want to do one on the same day; it will generate more traffic for both of you!
9) Go on a picnic
10) Try a new salad or cold soup recipe
11) Grab some binoculars and go bird-watching
12) Get a new haircut
13) Hit up a cafe or bar patio with some friends
14) Enjoy the asparagus! It’s only in season for a few weeks
15) Make a spring wreath
16) DIY some new garden ornaments
17) Tidy up your yard/deck area
18) Thoroughly clean your BBQ to get it ready for summer
19) Re-paint the outside of your house/front door
20) Do a thorough spring clean of your entire home
21) Start a workout/healthy diet regimen to get your body ready for summer
22) Check out a busker festival
23) Do a colour run or visit a Holi festival
24) Go yard sale shopping! Keep in mind almost everything can be spray painted… the DIY/upcycle possibilities are ENDLESS!
25) Take your dog to a local dog park (just be sure s/he has taken tick medicine!)
26) Plan your summer vacation or road trip
27) Take some board games outside, either to a park or your patio
28) Crack out the rollerblades
29) Do a cheap craft with your kids (I have a Pinterest board with a gazillion ideas – check it out here!)
30) Purge your winter clothing for donation; pitch anything you didn’t wear this winter (because you likely won’t wear it next winter, either!)
31) Run a marathon or participate in a charity run/walk/jog event
32) Volunteer at an animal shelter
33) Host a Stanley Cup party
34) Go to a baseball game
35) Take photos of new blooms, buds, etc.
36) Start a new beauty/skincare regimen to slough off dry winter skin and get your glow back
37) Go see a summer-themed movie or a superhero blockbuster on half-price Tuesday
38) Host a games night with friends (on your deck, if weather allows)
39) Have a dog party – invite all your friends who have friendly dogs. Enjoy some beers or cocktails in the backyard while the pooches tire each other out
40) Repaint a room for a fresh new look. Spring is a great time to paint because you can comfortably have all your windows open!
What are some of your favourite spring activities? Which ones on my list do you want to try? Chat in the comments!
Like what you see here? Subscribe below to keep in touch about all things Pennywise, and receive your FREE copy of my 15-page mini e-book How to Eat Cheap on a Vegan Diet!